What does the sample do?
This sample demonstrates how a Java task can be executed on an Android node.
How do I run it?
- Install a JPPF server and start it. For information on how to set up a server, please refer to the JPPF documentation.
- Install a JPPF node on a physical or virtual Android device. For instructions on how to do this, please refer to this documentation section: TBD
- open a command prompt in JPPF-x.y-samples-pack/AndroidDemo
- build the sample: type "ant dex.jar"; this will create a file named dex-demo.jar, intended to be dynamically loaded by the Android node
- Run the demo: in the same commond prompt type "./run.sh" on Linux/Unix or "run.bat" on Windows
- build.xml: this is the build script, where the Java jar is converted to dex format
- Runner.java: The entry point for the demo, builds a JPPF job for execution on Android and submits it to the grid
- DemoAndroidTask.java: a simple task example, excuted on an Android node
I have additional questions and comments, where can I go?
If you need more insight into the code of this demo, you can consult the Java source files located in the CustomLoadBalancer/src folder.
In addition, There are 2 privileged places you can go to: